|I take too many pictures of the ocean for my own good.|
IT'S SNOWING!! There's snowflakes falling everywhere and it's inhumane negative weather that instantly gives me frostbite, and I'm so happy to see snow all over outside my house!
Annnnd back on topic. Blogs. According to nearly every writing resource and my friends with experience in authoring, I need an online platform. I've known this for a good number of years but didn't want to bother. Now that most of my beloved story is complete with only massive revisions and critiques to do, I figure I better get more serious and accept hard facts. I hate Twitter and Instagram and other like sites for platforms, leaving me with blogging - which seems like it would give stretch room for fun, business aside. I don't know if any of you awesome peeps would know anything about blogging with this intent in mind, but if you have any insight, I have some weird questions I can't find an answer to:
My Name on a Blog: How would I go about with a blog that agents would look at, and yet keep my name fairly private? Would initials and a snazzy last name suffice, or would using a fake alias ruin me if an agent found me through the site?
Design: How ritzy would my blog need to appear, assuming aesthetics is a factor to agents?
Blog Subjects: Is it okay to have writing and the like as a main thing in my blog, alongside art or another interest? I don't want to have posts all over the place, but I also can't see myself running a weekly blog on only one subject - and only one of my favorite things.
Other than those points I'm curious about, there's not really much I'm concerned about. You guys should check out and participate in this awesome project, because everyone needs some uplifting at times: rlkirkland.deviantart.com/jour…
With that done, onto the yearly bombardment of the Ten Meme!!
1.- You must posts these rules.
2.- Each person has to share 10 things about them
3.- Answer the 10 questions asked to you and invent 10 questions the people you tag will have to answer
4.- Choose 10 people and put their icons on your journal
5.- You have to legitimately tag 10 people (because I still don’t tag that often)
1. I can fluently read Elder and Younger Futhark – probably more useless than knowing Latin.
2. My cooking skills tend to be lackluster unless it’s Indian, pasta, or rice dishes.
3. I still haven’t learned to ride a bike without crashing.
4. Seeing people’s scalps freaks me out.
5. I absolutely adore my seven-year old black Lab.
6. I wish Runescape, and all the Legend of Zelda games, and all of the Pokemon games (minus B&W and X&Y) would be combined into a single mega-game of epicness.
7. When I do like popular things or fads, it’s not because they’re trendy to like.
8. My husband is the only one who can cook eggs that I’ll eat.
9. I hate, hate, hate businesses that make employees work on holidays.
10. Meeting new people for me is the equivalent of a fat kid devouring a quadruple chocolate cheesecake!
1. What animal would you be if you could be any animal?
A whale shark! My dream is to one day ride on one.
2. Dinner time and you're allowed to invite any one person (living, dead, famous or not). Who do you invite and why?
I’d probably invite someone like Gandhi or Hobbes. I like learning about insights people have, and their sorts have a lot to tell.
3. Who's your favorite super hero?
Spider-Man. The latest movie of him gave him depth, which is unheard of in superheroes!
4. What about villain?
Does Slenderman count? Maybe not… Dolores Umbridge for worst(read: best) and most dastardly villain?!
5. Do you have a favorite book? And if so, how many times have you read it?
Les Miserables, Count of Monte Cristo, and Ender’s Game all tie. I’ve read Count of Monte Cristo the most, at six times!
6. Beach or mountains?
Beach, of course. Even though I’m miles away from one, it’s still in my being.
7. Tea or Coffee?
Neither. I drink water, juice, smoothies and the occasional milkshake. I drink soda only on special occasions, so now the carbonation burns my throat anyway.
8. If there was a chance for it, would you let me cook you dinner? We'd also have to drink Jameson.
Oh yes! I’d love a gourmet meal from the almight GrimFace!
9. What would you want me to cook you for dinner?
Anything involving chicken, spinach, and delicious spices. Chocolate is good, too.
10. What is your biggest fear?
Being alone or unloved.
1. What is the most ridiculous length you have gone to avoid something?
Once I got a note from my doctor once so I didn’t have to do a presentation in a class I hated with every fiber of my being. If I don’t want to do something, I’ll go to huge lengths to avoid it – in a polite way, of course.
2. Show me a cool picture! Or a cool animation! A cool fact! Show me a cool!
3. Go learn a new thing about history or science. Right now. Pause and google around or check in on a didyoukno or random fact site. What did you learn?
The auroras borealis and australis are a result of magnetization, interaction with nitrogen and oxygen atoms. Wind speed also determines the color of auroras.
4. What is the soundtrack to your life right now?
It’s always Disney songs. Or Daft Punk until they went lame.
5. On the topic of music, what are the top three most played songs in your music library? Why are they there? Tightrope(Janelle Monae), Aerodynamic(Daft Punk), and Stars(Les Miserables). I like the music in all three, and Stars is one of my favorite songs from the Les Miserables musical.
6. If your imagination was a landscape, what would it look like?
Glitter, clouds, ponies, and ocean on one side, and super scary shadow things on the other.
7. What is Love?
That’s a huge question. English only has one word to umbrella each type in. But I do know that every type of love involves selflessness and compassion. So that’s something.
8. How do you tell someone who is not necessarily dangerous that you're a little scared and want them to back up a little?
“Hey, can you move over a bit?” or something similar, but more forceful.
9. Fictional Relationships: What makes them tick for you?
I really don’t care, if we’re talking about romantic ones. Romance in writing and film mostly serve as a reason for me to roll my eyes. Probably because most are completely unrealistic and make no sense.
10. If there was one characteristic you could take from a certain fictional character, what would it be?
I’d say Monseigneur Bienvenu’s utter kindness, or his wisdom(if you haven't read the book, this is Bishop Myriel, who has compassion on the paroled Valjean).
1. What genre of music do you think is the most underrated or unappreciated?
2. Who is your favorite book/movie character?
3. Do you feel a personal connection to the character above?
4. Which is better: feature-length or short films?
5. Can you solve a Rubik’s Cube without cheating?
6. If you and I could go on an adventure, where would we go? (unless you would never adventure with me…)
7. What goes around the world, but stays in a corner?
8. 80’s movies or 60’s music?
9. Do you have an embarrassing nickname?
Have a great weekend! I'm going to ride a reindeer tomorrow!