I'm so sorry for being quiet. It's been busy since finals ended, even excluding parties and activities. I talked to my counselor on the day of my last final and I only have three classes till I can start applying to my dream school in the Fall. I'm über excited for that. It also means I can have a full-time job again instead of all the odd jobs, so I've been spending a lot of time doing job applications and interviews as well.
A week before my finals, I had a biopsy on a mark on my skin. I was overreacting, but the experience was interesting. The doctor used a cookie cutter-like razor and rotated around the area(I was numb). I saw the small piece of skin in a saline solution after I was stitched up and bandaged. It'd been like five millimeters round on my skin, but inside the plastic jar it looked to be barely bigger than the tip of a headphone jack. It never occurred to me until then how elastic our skin really is.
On Memorial Day, my church had a pool party. Since our congregation is all college-age, there was a lot of running around. I ended up playing water volleyball for three hours. It was fun, but the best part was when it turned into a water polo game for fifteen minutes. I ended up going against my friend who works at a naval base and getting loads of bruises from it. Funny how you don't feel the pain till some hours later; when I changed into pajamas I discovered an array of differently colored bruises all over my limbs and sides. I'm just wishing the bruise on my hip would heal faster
Annnnd, at the last minute, I'm deciding to join Camp NaNoWriMo. I can't guarantee that I'll win like last November, though; I'm also trying to commit suicide by taking two classes in the summer semester, as well as getting a full-time job. Yep I'm crazy. I'll be crazy awesome if I succeed in all of these.
That being said, no discussion this time. Instead, I got tagged
Die Fragen von böse
I come back and get attacked by two of you with tags!! Then I saw that ~BeaBae
also had the tags, and I figured I might as well do hers, too.
But, I lasted longer than I did last year with avoiding this one; last year I got hit in February. The Rules
1. You must post the rules.
2. Each person must post 5 things about themselves in their journal
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create eleven new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have tagged them.
6. No tag backs. I'm against this rule. Feel free to tag me back. I'll just add the answers to this journal!
7. No stuff in the tagging section about "you're tagged if you're reading this". You legitimately have to tag 11 people.Five Things About Me
1. Curry is the only true meal I can cook without looking at measurements, or without bungling.
2. For being in art, I do not watch many movies or television or listen to much music.
3. Even though I hate the cold, I wish my city had a hockey rink so I could play hockey more often.
4. I'm a picky eater
5. I'm a red-yellow according to The Color Code`GrimFace242
1. What's the worst lie you ever told? Did you get caught? Me making excuses to not hang out with this one chick I've mentioned I don't get along with
I'm glad she moved away before she figured it out. Though I wish she'd grow out of harassing me.
2. What was your first date like? Awkward dude puked all over everything before our dinner came.
3. If you could know the answer to any question, besides "What is the meaning of life?", what would it be? I'd like to know every detail of quantum science perfectly.
4. What made you laugh the hardest in your entire life? I don't think there's one answer for that
it pretty much comes down to any instance with friends or my boyfriend and we do something ridiculous.
5. If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? A gigantic dance/nerd party every Friday, to celebrate my awesomeness and my awesome friends! (Sure, we party enough as it is, but who cares?)
6. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? Ender's Shadow. I freaking swear, all three books around Ender I've read so far make me cry out of awesome. It's so uncommon for me to cry, too.
7. If you were a waiter and a customer was being rude, would you spit in their food? As a banquet waiter, I usually don't have problems, but there's been a few instances where a customer's got in my face without reason or groped me. The best part is knowing their food has an extra surprise.
8. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? I'd say Christ. He's the perfect example for life, so I can't go wrong!
9. What do you miss most about being a kid? Playing all day after school. I got so many scars and bruises from chasing my friends on skateboards and roller blades.
10. What would you name the autobiography of your life? To Awesome, or Not to Awesome
? I'm not the best at titles.~TMCanada
11.Favorite show? Invader Zim or M*A*S*H*, I guess.
12. Current obsession? I've recently been rereading my volumes of Shaman King
, my favorite manga ever now that it's been finished correctly. If only the final volumes were in English already
13. Who on DA would you recommend your followers to watch? Any of my friends, really. I'd say the really cool artists who always get front page, but they aren't usually into being friends as much as being popular.
14. Do you have a Tumblr? What is it? Nope. Tumblr and Twitter are devil spawn to me.
15. Favorite book? Les Miserables
and Ender's Game.
Two awesome and universal stories that really expand your world.
16. What fictional character do you relate to the most? I have no idea. People are just so multi-layered that I don't think one character would suffice. Of course, I love Harry Potter, Marius, and Ender, but I don't think those three reflect everything about me.
17. What is your guilty pleasure? I don't have one. I prefer to have a clear conscience.
18. Marvel or DC? X-MEN!!
19. What are your goals? Bachelor's degree, careers, publish my series, go to Europe. I'll accomplish them no matter how difficult it will be.
20. What is your favorite OTP? Whatever the creator has in the story. If two characters were meant to be together, they're together in canon. Shipping is crap.
21. Where do you live? On a beach! You jelly? ~BeaBae
22. Name at least one thing about animals that you find disgusting. It's not nasty, but I think it's tragic that animals are not able to do as many things as we can.
23. Tell us about an idea you had that never pulled through/hasn't yet gotten off the ground. Saving it for later, but I've got an idea for a mental takeover through masks, and an art project having to do with my biopsy.
24. Favorite scene from a book/movie: Voldemort inadvertently killing himself; my childhood book series finally got its conclusion!
25. What made you first start your art/craft/lit/etc? My dad and my imagination.
26. Link me to a song that'll get stuck in my head indefinitely! So many to choose from. There's this amazing villain song
. And for good measure, my favorite Julian Smith song(in true 80's spirit): Eat Randy
. But I have plenty more to choose from
I live off songs in the "Earworm" section of TvTropes.
27. The world takes things too seriously lately. Tell a joke!
You know who-
28. Describe one of your favorite dreams. If you don't have a favorite dream, describe one of the strangest/scariest ones you've had. One of my scariest was four years ago and really vivid. A bunch of undead wanted to kill me. My mom had put salt over and around every entrance to the house, and this monkey skeleton was the only thing that could enter. He ripped my face off
29. Do you know the way to Solla Sollew? Yes, but I had quite the trouble getting there
30. Write me a piece of poetry. A piece of BAD poetry. Right now. Gimme. Gimme right now.
This poem is crap
It's what I lack:
telling a good tale
To set hearts A-sail.
31. Remember how I said the world takes itself too seriously about four questions ago? Well, let's pretend we're too tired to save the world right now. Make a new one, tell me all about it! In My World
But really. I'd totally go for a fantasy-based world so I could have my own adventures. My Questions:
1. Should elementary kids have smart phones?
2. Which is better in a book: a great story, or a great message? (We all know both of them together is the best)
3. Do you like creepy pastas?
4. What food have you never tried, but really want to?
5. If you hear that something is scary or weird, do you believe what's said, or do you research?
6. Do you have a favorite belt?
7. Give me a saying you'd find in a fortune cookie.
8. Pretend I(*a-fiery-boom
) have finally become ruler of the planet. What would I be doing as leader?
9. Do you tend to join bandwagons a lot?
10. What was your most embarrassing moment in high school?
11. Do you like scarves?
anyone who wants to do it! Tell me if you answer my questions!